Who we are
Be Personnel Limited, 85 High Street, Alness, IV17 0SH. We control the ways your Personal Data is collected and the purposes for which your Personal Data is used by Be Personnel, acting as the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable European data protection legislation.
If you have any concerns, or would like more detail about how we process your Personal Data, you can contact us on 01349 883303.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data isn’t just protected by the quality, commitment and high standards of Be Personnel, it’s also protected by law. The law states that we can only process your Personal Data when there is a genuine reason to do so and it must be one of the following:
• To fulfil any contract that we have with you
• We have a legal obligation
• Where you have consented to the processing
• When it is in our legitimate interest
• When it is in the public interest
• When it is in your vital interests
When we have a business or commercial reason to process your Personal Data this is referred to as a legitimate interest. Your Personal Data is still protected and we must not process it in a way that would be unfair to you or your interests.
If we do use legitimate interests as a reason to process your Personal Data we will tell you that we are doing so, what our legitimate interests are and provide you with a method to raise any questions or objections you may have. However, compelling grounds for processing such information may over-ride your right to object.
How long we keep your Personal Data
Whenever your data is kept by Be Personnel we will ensure that it is appropriately protected and only used for acceptable purposes.
We will keep your data for the period that you are registered with Be Personnel or working through Be Personnel or one of our clients.
If you no longer wish to be registered with Be Personnel, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to comply with the purposes set out in this policy and relevant legal or regulatory obligations. Your Personal Data may be kept longer if we cannot delete it for technical reasons.
If you choose not to provide your Personal Data it may prevent us from meeting legal obligations, fulfilling a contract, or performing services required to run your account. Not providing your Personal Data may mean we are unable to provide you with any work-finding services.
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
• Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on the Website or any other information you submit to us via the Website, e-mail or face-to-face,
• Records of correspondence, whether via the Website, email, telephone, face-to-face or other means.
• Your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out.
• Details of the work you have been assigned with our clients.
• Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Where it is reasonable for us to do so and not detrimental to your rights and freedoms, we also collect Personal Data from publicly available sources such as internet searches, Companies House, and broadcast media.
Telephone calls to and from our Office may be recorded for training and security purposes.
Social Features of Our Products
If you choose to participate in any of the social features that we provide with our products (such as blog posts) Be Personnel may store, record or otherwise process this data.
Personal Data we share with others
We may share your Personal Data within Be Personnel and with these other organisations:
• Credit reference agencies
• Law enforcement agencies, regulators and other authorities
• Fraud prevention agencies
• Identity verification agencies
• Third parties you ask us (or permit us) to share your data with
• Third parties necessary to provide you services with Be Personnel including our clients, payroll company and our CRM system.
Where your Personal Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
We may also disclose personal information to other companies within associated or subsidiary companies and to business partners, or successors in title to our business.
Data Transfer Outside the EEA
We will only transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA where:
• You have given your explicit consent, or
• It is necessary for us to set up or fulfil a contract you have entered into with us; or
• To comply with a legal duty or obligation
If we do transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA, within the group or to our business partners, we will take measures to ensure it is protected to the same standards as it would be within the EEA by relying on one of the following:
• The country that is receiving your Personal Data has been found by the European Commission to offer the same level of protection as the EEA. More information can be found on the European Commission Justice website.
• We will use contracts that require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the same standards as it would be within the EEA
• Where the transfer is to the USA and the recipient is registered with Privacy Shield. Privacy Shield is a framework that ensures Personal Data is protected to a level approved by the EU. Read more about Privacy Shield on the European Commission Justice website.
In some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your Personal Data to a third party and may have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
Your rights over your Personal Data
We will assist you if you choose to exercise any of your rights over your Personal Data, including:
• Withdrawing your previously granted consent; however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processing
• Lodging a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority
• Access to your Personal Data that we hold or process
• Correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date
• Erasure of any Personal Data that we process
• Restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances
• Asking us to provide you or another company you nominate with certain aspects of your Personal Data, often referred to as ‘the right to portability’
• The ability to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our legitimate interests
• The ability to contest a decision made entirely by automated processing, to express your point of view and to request that a human review the decision
For more information on these rights you can contact – Clairec@bepersonneltd.com
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this policy from time to time, so please review it frequently.